Eileen’s La Manzanilla
Join Eileen in her beautiful casa and kitchen and discover wonderful recipes for Thai, Indian, Middle Eastern, and Mexican dishes. She has been cooking professionally for more than 50 years and founded the catering firm Pease Porridge Hot and the Annapolis School of Cooking. Her years of experience in teaching and love of cooking make the classes fun as well as instructional.
Each class, which begins at 11 am and lasts about 2 ½ hours and is “hands on”, as students learn to prepare dishes from Eileen’s international repertoire. Students work together creating the meal and then adjourn to the breezy front terrace of the casa to enjoy a luscious luncheon.
Please Join Me as I Begin My 20th Delicious Season of Cooking Classes in Early 2023
You’ll have four different menus to choose from, a new one every two weeks. Classes are on Mondays, and Tuesdays during January and February. Scheduling depends on having 6-8 people to fill each class. If you have a group of 6-8, please let me know which date(s) to reserve for you. If you are not part of a group, be in touch and I’ll let you know which dates are available for the class(es) of your choice. I look forward to cooking with you!
2023 – Cooking Classes Menu
- Pumpkin Seed Sauce (Pepián)
- Pasilla Chiles Stuffed with Potatoes and Cheese/Tomatillo Sauce
- Ancho Pecan-Sauced Chicken
- Chocolate Cake with a Hint of Chile (and it’s vegan)
- Panelle: Crispy Chickpea Chips
- Caponata: Sicilian Vegetable Stew with Olives and Capers
- Involtini: Chicken Wrapped around Savory Vegetable/Ricotta Filling
- Orange and Almond Cake
- Roasted Cauliflower, Grape & Cheddar
- Chicken with Basmati Rice, Lentils, Almonds and Pomegranate
- Thai Noodle Salad with Peanut Sauce
- Berry Flaugnarde (it’s not a salad, but it is delicious!)
Indian – Dishoom Restaurant
- Behl: Puffed Rice & Nuts tossed with Pomegranate, Tamarind & Mint
- Chili Broccoli Salad with Seeds, Dates, Lime and Honey
- Masala Prawns on the Grill
- Sweet Spice Madelines