- 4 firm Zucchini (5 or 6 ounces each)( I used 4 Mexican size zucchini and it was perfect)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 or 2 cloves of garlic (peeled and finely chopped)
- 1 large tomato, seeded and coarsely chopped
- . cup Parmesan, freshly grated
- 2 ounces stale bread, whirred to make medium sized bread crumbs
- 2 or 3 tbsp. olive oil
Trim the ends off the zucchini, split in half lengthwise and using a melon-baller, barely remove the flesh from each half, leaving a wall of about . inch thickness. Chop the zucchini flesh.
Cook the onion gently in ail without coloring for about 15 minutes. Add the chopped zucchini, garlic and salt and continue cooking over a slightly higher flame for another 10 minutes, stirring and tossing occasionally so the excess liquid disappears. Mix with parsley, bread crumbs and half the parmesan.